Sunday, March 11, 2012

Punching up an email with an attached report

(Coaching a current customer): 
How to make a letter accompanying a report be more personal and have more punch.


Points to consider:

• Make your email letters more personalized by using the words your, me and I, so that it appears to be coming from you rather than the organization in general. All of your correspondence should utilize personal words like I and you, more often.

• I recommend calling your peers at work, experts — it raises the perceived value level of their input and of the value of their membership in general.

• Use more action verbs.

• In your original letter you used the phrase, “strongly encourage” -- that could be interpreted as telling someone to do something, versus “encourage” sounds more like you are being helpful.

• Make sure each paragraph communicates how you are providing value, otherwise what is the purpose of what you are saying?

Mr./Ms.

I’ve just completed this report for your inquiry regarding "........."
If I receive additional responses or information, I will forward them directly to you and add them to your report.

Let me know if the information in this report meets your needs. Your feedback and comments will be helpful for me to improve my process of providing expertise and information to you that not only meets your expectations, but exceeds them. The advice in this report has the names and contact information of the experts who provided this valuable information. I'm here to help, so i
f you need additional detail, please call me anytime, my contact information is below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment